Employment Type: Internship: Paid
Department: Community Impact
Reports to: Health Associate Tymon Whitfield.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Temporary summer position to assist the facilitation of a 6-week summer camp offered to any school-aged kids. This program kicks in when school lets out. At no cost, this collaboration supplies lunch to kids under 18 – then we add fun. Every day brings something new, crafts, games, sports. Kids learn about safety, healthy eating, check out library books. The Meet Up, Eat Up & Read Up intern will assist Carver Community Center, 1030 N Purdum, and Taylor Community School, 3750 E 300 S, both in Kokomo, IN. This program fights summer food insecurity.
The position is available for the duration of the current program year, which is June 5 to July 17, 2017. Your time commitment would start at 8:00AM and ends at 2:00PM. The program runs from 9AM to until 2:00PM every Monday through Thursday (No Meet Up, Eat Up & Read Up on Friday’s).
• Provide general classroom support to the Lead Teacher as needed (i.e. making copies, helping students with activities, greeting parents, assisting with meals, etc.)
• Create an environment for students and their families that, as accurately as possible, communicate the expectations for students, through actual practice and development of routines
• Work collaboratively with the Health Associate and community partners to implement activties
• Assisting the staff with children in the community center with duties as assigned
• Helping navigate the children
• Reading to the children and helping with art/craft projects
• Helping children at the play and/or learning stations
• Assisting younger children in the restroom, making sure hands are washed etc.
• Making sure the child is welcomed as they enter the community center, and that they are picked up by the appropriate person(s)
• Have fun while helping children have the most fun they can over the summer.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, and ability to learn new software quickly
• Must successfully complete a background check
• Excellent communication skills – written, oral, interpersonal
• Self-motivated; works independently
• Valid driver’s license, insured motor vehicle Detail oriented, organized, hardworking, ethical, team player, goal driven
• Provide excellent service to internal and external stakeholders
HOW TO APPLY:
Thank you for your interest in this position. Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please communicate exclusively via email with any questions.
Application deadline: Friday, May 19 , 2017