United Way
Indiana 211
The first five years of a child’s life are a time of enormous social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth. United
 Way revealed their big community goal in February of 2017 collaborating with all five public school districts, as well as Bona Vista and the YMCA, forming the Early Learning Coalition. 
Presently Kindergarten readiness scores are 45%, leaving 55% of students trying to catch up from the start. Children prepared for Kindergarten are less likely to be held back or drop out of school and have a better chance to succeed in college (post-secondary schools), work, and life.
The Early Learning Coalition paves the way for a five-year education goal set for Howard County called #75in5, to increase Kindergarten readiness to 75% in 5 years. Let's help our kids get Ready for Kindergarten. And Beyond!


Governor Eric J. Holcomb and the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA) have granted Howard County and 9 other counties the opportunity to host the On My Way Pre-K pilot program in January 2018 for children that will attend Kindergarten in August 2018.

Families for this small, half-year cohort will be chosen on a first come-first served basis in the order in which applications are received. There are limited slots available in each county so families are encouraged to apply early for best chances. Applications will be accepted until all available slots have been filled.
Families must meet the following eligibility requirements:
1.Child must be 4 but not yet 5-years old by August 1, 2017.
2.Child must be a resident of Indiana.
3.Parents/guardians in the household must have a service need (working, going to school, attending job training).
4.Families must earn less than 127 percent of federal poverty level (FPL). 

 Size of Family Monthly
 1 $1,276.00
 2 $1,719.00
 3 $2,161.00
 4 $2,604.00
 5 $3,046.00
 6 $3,488.00

Families chosen for On My Way Pre-K grants will receive not only a half year of a high quality prekindergarten program, but will also have access to high quality early education environments for a full 53 weeks from the start of their grant.
After the prekindergarten program ends in June, families will still be able to access not only high quality summer care but also high quality before and after school care once they begin kindergarten to support their parents who work or attend school.

Families are encouraged to complete either an online application at:
OR families may complete a paper application:
56212 - On My Way Pre-K application
Fillable PDF version
Non-fillable Word version
•56235 - Aplicación On My Way Pre-K
Fillable PDF version
Non-fillable Word version

AND mail, fax or scan and email to their local intake agent:
Find your Intake Agent here:

*Please do not complete both an online application and paper application.

Questions? Contact Kim Gordon, Howard County On My Way Pre-K Project Manager, at 765-480-5135