United Way has the information you need to feel financially secure. How can we help you?
Free Tax Prep is a network of drop off locations with one tax preparation site (United Way of Howard County) that offers free tax preparation to individuals and families with a combined household income of $60,000 or less. This program, in partnership with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), is designed to ensure that residents receive all the tax credits and deductions for which they are eligible. Volunteers are certified by the IRS to provide free, basic tax return preparation to qualified individuals.
It's Tax Season, where are you filing?
3 STEPS TO FILE YOUR TAXES
Did you make $66,000 or less in 2017? Prepare your own taxes for FREE at myfreetaxes.com.
If you have an individual or household income of $60,000 or less, you can do the following:
- Use our drop off services. Call the Tax Center at 765-450-7619 to find out more information or Press 1 to hear our operating hours.
- Schedule a FREE tax appointment (Jan 29-April 10). Click here to schedule an appointment online or call the Tax Center directly at 765-450-7619 and Press 5.
Please note: we are currently scheduling 2 weeks in advance.
Have an appointment or using our drop off services? Make sure you bring the following:
• Valid photo ID
• Social Security cards or ITIN cards for all persons on the return
• W2 forms for all employment during 2017
• Interest and dividend statements
• Form 1095-A if you purchased health insurance through healthcare.gov in 2017
• All 1099 forms received, including 1099 SSA from the Social Security Administration and unemployment statements
• Child care receipts, along with provider’s address and Social Security number/employer identification number
• Real estate property tax receipts
• Landlord name and address
• Bank routing number and account number for direct deposit
• Copy of last year’s tax return (not required but helpful to have)
Not sure if you qualify to file or have other questions? Call the Tax Center at 765-450-7619