In response to the COVID-19 outbreak and economic fallout, this funding can be used for organizational needs as well as for direct client assistance for food, rent/mortgage assistance, utilities, household supplies and other emergent needs. Due to the fluid situation of this emergency, organizations will be permitted to apply for emergency funding more than once as additional needs arise.
To be eligible for Emergency Funding from United Way of Howard and Tipton Counties, applicant organizations must:
- Be recognized by the IRS as a non-profit under IRS code 501(c)3
- Serve residents in Howard and Tipton Counties
- Have an emergent organizational need or have process to provide direct individual assistance for emergent needs
- Be able to provide a simple report detailing how funding was used including purpose and numbers served.
• Food distribution to students affected by school closures and other food insecure populations that are isolated or lack access
• Mental Health and Physical Well-being services for those who most need support
• Rent, utility, and prescription medication for those displaced by employment interruption
• Access to childcare for families affected by closures
• Sustaining nonprofits who are providing and supporting critical health and human services
• Long-term recovery and community development opportunities