COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic
ONE-STOP SHOP COVID-19 & Flu
MASS VACCINATION CLINIC IN HOWARD COUNTY
The Howard County Health Department is hosting a free mass vaccination clinic at the Kokomo Event Center starting November 2, 2021. The mass vaccination clinic will operate as a one-stop shop for all COVID-19 and flu vaccinations. Moderna, Pfizer, and Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines will be offered, including initial doses, additional doses, and booster doses for eligible populations. Regular dose flu vaccine will be offered for individuals under 65 years old and high dose flu vaccine will be offered for individuals 65 years and older.
How: Register online by visiting ourshot.in.gov or call 211 (866-211-9966) and a representative will schedule an appointment for you.
Where: Kokomo Event Center
1500 North Reed Road
Kokomo, IN 46901
When: Tuesdays 8:30am-4:30pm (closed 12:30pm-1:00pm)
Wednesdays 1:00pm-7:00pm (closed 3:30pm-4:00pm)
“I encourage all of those eligible in Howard County, whether it’s their first dose or a booster, to get vaccinated as soon as possible. We expect to see another surge once the weather gets cold and people start gathering for the holidays. Protect yourself, your family, and your community.” – Emily Backer, MD – Howard County Health Officer
Here are some facts you should know:
- Please bring your insurance card to the clinic.
- The COVID-19 vaccine is available at no cost to you, but please submit your insurance information if you have it, as an administration fee may be charged to your insurance to offset local health department costs.
- Insurance information will be required for the flu vaccination. We accept Medicare, Medicaid, and most commercial insurance.
- If you live with another person who is also eligible to receive the vaccine, you will need to schedule two separate appointments.
- To check your eligibility for an additional dose of Moderna or Pfizer or to check your eligibility for a booster dose of Moderna, Pfizer, or Johnson & Johnson, visit Coronavirus.in.gov/vaccine.
- Adolescents (12-18 years old) may receive the Pfizer vaccine and the regular dose flu vaccine with parental consent.
- You’ll need to show proof of age at your appointment (driver’s license, state ID card, passport).
- Sign up for V-safe, the after-vaccination health checker, on your smartphone, at vsafe.cdc.gov.
- Please do not call the Kokomo Event Center regarding this clinic. Their staff are unable to assist in scheduling an appointments.
If you’ve been fully vaccinated:
- You can gather indoors with fully vaccinated people without wearing a mask or staying 6 feet apart.
- You can gather indoors with unvaccinated people of any age from one other household (for example, visiting with relatives who all live together) without masks or staying 6 feet apart, unless any of those people or anyone they live with has an increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
- If you’ve been around someone who has COVID-19, you do not need to quarantine; however, you should get tested 5-7 days after your exposure, even if you don’t have symptoms. You should wear a mask while in public for 14 days post-exposure or until you receive a negative test result.
Once you’re fully vaccinated, you should still:
- Wear a mask and socially distance when in public or visiting an unvaccinated person at increased risk of severe illness or death from COVID-19
- Avoid medium- or large-sized gatherings
- Protect yourself while traveling and follow posted mask requirements
- Get tested and stay home if symptoms develop
Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine from the Indiana Department of Health at ourshot.in.gov.