Many Indiana youth workers, like employees in many fields, are facing layoffs or reductions in hours based on the COVID-19 public health crisis. In these unprecedented times, Indiana Youth Institute is acting to offer one-time monetary grants.
IYI recognizes that even a small amount of support can create a lasting impact, so they will be providing grants of $500 to individuals who meet the following brief criteria. Applications will be accepted April 22–27, 2020.
Eligibility Criteria for IYI Youth Worker Relief Fund:
- You must be 18 years or older,
- You must have lost income based on COVID-19, either through a reduction in hours or a furlough/layoff,
- You must currently be, or have recently been, an employee of an Indiana based tax-exempt youth serving organization or school, and
- All grants funds will be electronically deposited. You must be able to receive an electronic bank transfer of funds.
- Grants are limited to one per individual,
- Only complete applications can be considered, and
- Grants are nontransferable and can be used by applicant only.
If you, or someone you know is an Indiana youth worker and or educator and have been negatively impacted by COVID-19, please consider applying for these funds, linked here.