Contact: Caele Pemberton
Phone: 765.457.4357 (HELP)
This volunteer position will be assisting teachers in pre-kindergarten classrooms at Elwood Haynes and Taylor Community School Corp. You will be working closely with the certified teachers and aides in the classroom and working with 4-5-year-old children who will be entering Kindergarten in the fall.
- Assisting the teacher and/or aide with children in the classroom with duties as assigned
- Helping navigate the children through the lunch line
- Reading to the children and helping with art/craft projects
- Helping children at the play and/or learning stations
- Assisting children in the restroom, making sure hands are washed, etc.
- Making sure the child is welcomed as they enter the school, and that they are picked up by the appropriate person(s)
- Present a positive and nurturing demeanor so that the children have the best experience possible
- Have fun while helping children attain the most success that they can in school.