Kokomo Rescue Mission Red Ribbon Christmas 2021
Grace United Methodist Church (219 W. Mulberry St., Kokomo) on:
- Thursday, November 4 – 10:00 am – 1:00 pm & 3:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- Friday, November 5 – 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 17 – 3:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- Thursday, November 18 – 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, December 1 – 3:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Emmaus Mission (805 Spencer St., Logansport) on:
- Tuesday, November 9 – 10:00 am – 1:00 pm:
The Paul Phillippe Resource Center (401 W. Walnut St., Frankfort) on:
- Tuesday, November 9 – 3:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Zion Chapel Church (915 S. Broadway, Peru) on:
- Thursday, November 11 – 12:00 Noon – 2:00 pm
Call Kokomo Rescue Mission at (765) 456-3838 for more information or visit our website: www.kokomorescuemission.org.
- A current government issued photo ID required for person applying.
- Social Security cards and Birth Certificates or proof of birth dates for all household members.
- Proof of household income – this could be one of the following items: 1. A current letter from Family Services documenting you are approved for food stamps and date approved. 2. Show a food stamp card along with a grocery receipt that is less than 30 days old. The receipt must show an EBT F/S balance of greater the $0.00 sometime during the last 30 days. 3. A recent award letter from Medicaid, TANF, WIC, SSI or SSDI or a letter stating that an application has been approved for government assistance. These letters may be obtained from the appropriate agency. 4. If you live in subsidized housing (you receive government assistance with paying your rent) you MUST show a copy of your lease or the current re-certification letter.
The Kokomo Rescue Mission reserves the right to ask for expense accountability.
Christmas Food Program
This programs assists families in Howard County with a Christmas food basket around the holidays.
Applications for the Christmas Food program can be filled out and collected at The Salvation Army located at 1105 South Waugh Street Kokomo, IN 46902. Please bring the following information with you to the Salvation Army at the time of applying: Photo ID and proof of address, Social Security Card, Birth Certificate or Medicaid Card for each child, proof of income and expenses for the last 30 days. There must be a child in the house to qualify.
Questions? Please call (765) 456-3846
Coats for Kids Program
This program provides coats and winter gear to families with children ages infant to 18-years-old who reside in Howard County.
The Salvation Army of Howard County-1105 South Waugh Street- Kokomo, IN 46902
Lt. Joey Gates, Corps Officer
(765) 456-3849 Fax
Please bring the following items with you to your appointment: Photo ID, Proof of Address, Social Security Card, Birth Certificate or Medicaid Card for each child.
Christmas Assistance Programs
Goodfellows, Toys for Tots and Cops for Kids program’s assists low-income families with children under the age of 18 with clothing, gifts and toys for the holidays.
The application process this year is online only. Click here for more information.
Tipton County Christmas Assistance
Jubilee Christmas of Tipton County
Participant families that apply may be adopted by a local church for gifts and toys.
HOURS: October 1st – November 3rd, applications available 24 hours. For updates, click here to check Jubilee Christmas of Tipton County on Facebook.
ELIGIBILITY: Families with children (ages birth to 18 years old) living in Tipton County.
INTAKE PROCEDURE: Applications are available for pick-up 24 hours a day at Taylor & Cowan Funeral Home (314 N. Main Street, Tipton, IN 46072) Applications can be found on the back porch (off the parking lot) in a brochure box. Drop off completed applications in the locked mailbox on the back porch.
Applications are due November 3 at noon.
Distribution: Families will be notified by phone, letter or email after November 5th about the distribution event with location, date, and time to pick up gifts.
Distribution: Families will be notified by letter about the distribution event with location, date, and time to pick up gifts.
WHAT TO BRING: Documents needed to complete the application. Copies of documents must be attached to application. *Must have a valid photo ID for all adults in household. *Proof of residency.
*Proof of income. Must have one of the following: 1. Most recent pay stub. 2. W2’s for 2020.